Terms of Service
PARKAVENUEONLINE.COM BRINGS READERS FAIR AND ACCURATE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLACES, ITEMS AND CONCEPTS WE LOVE. YOUR TRUST IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
The information shared in our website is purely editorial. Every editorial is written by Park Avenue Online editors and features places, items, and concepts that we love and believe in, meaning that we believe they are worthy of your time, energy, and money. No one can pay Park Avenue Online to be included in our editorial content.
On occasion, we receive a preferential editorial rate or a free experience as part of the review process. This in no way impacts our decision about coverage: It will only be included in a story if it is worthy and ultimately, Park Avenue Online approved. We will never suggest or recommend sub-par experiences.
We also, on occasion, use selective affiliate links, which means Park Avenue Online may earn a commission from the site linked to if you make a purchase via the link. The price you pay is unaffected by whether you click through from Park Avenue Online (i.e., on an affiliate link), or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link. We only use an affiliate link on items we love, and would include regardless.
PARK AVENUE ONLINE PRODUCT COLLABORATIONS
It is part of Park Avenue Online’s DNA to collaborate with community businesses, and brands we love on exclusive or other products we think are perfect for our Park Avenue Online audience. These e-commerce partnerships are an essential part of Park Avenue Online. We do receive a portion of sales for all items that are sold on Park Avenue Online. Nobody can pay to collaborate with Park Avenue Online these partnerships are driven purely by our desire to work with a companies or brands.
On the rare occasion when Park Avenue Online works with a brand to bring you a unique sponsored issue (where Park Avenue Online does get paid by the sponsor for being featured on the website) we will always tell you. Please note that we will only allow brands that we like and trust to sponsor an Editorial, and the content will always be our own (sponsors don’t write Park Avenue Online Editorial, we do). Paid or sponsored links —distinguished from affiliate links because an advertiser has paid, in advance, for the consideration — which are embedded in our editorial content will always be clearly identified as such.
AD CONTRACT AND COPY REGULATION
Park Avenue Online reserves the right to edit, reject, cancel, or correctly clarify any ad, and is not responsible or liable for complete omissions of ads or any errors of information committed by those placing ads. Park Avenue Online assumes no responsibility for any reason, error, or omission in any ad beyond the cost of the ad itself. Park Avenue Online specifically disclaims any and all liability to advertisers, readers, viewers and users for loss or damage or any disputes due to inaccuracy, error, or omission of ad copy, whether caused by Park Avenue Online, its employees or agents, or any other person.
ADVERTISING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This agreement is made between the Park Avenue Online and the ADVERTISER appearing on the AD Buyer’s contract either directly or through their advertising agency (hereinafter collectively referred to as “ADVERTISER”,) both of whom shall be considered liable for payment and compliance with all other terms of this agreement.
2. As the advertising contracted for herein will be consolidated with other advertisements to facilitate production and digital publishing, cancellation is not allowed.
3. A waiver by either party or any default or breach by the other party shall not be considered as a wavier of any subsequent default or breach of the same or any other provisions of the agreement.
4. ADVERTISER shall supply advertising materials to PARK AVENUE ONLINE pursuant to PARK AVENUE ONLINE current and prevailing mechanical specification requirements.
5. ADVERTISER agrees to pay PARK AVENUE ONLINE the agreed upon rate set forth on the AD Buy agreement.
6. All advertisements submitted to PARK AVENUE ONLINE for digital publishing are accepted only upon the express condition that this ADVERTISERS agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend PARK AVENUE ONLINE and its team from and against any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of or relating to copy, copyrights, trademark or other material in any advertisement that subsequently may be determined as illegal, unauthorized or damaging in any way to any person or legal entity.
PARK AVENUE ONLINE RESPONSIBILITIES
7. PARK AVENUE ONLINE reserves the right to limit the amount of advertising space to any one ADVERTISER or any category of ADVERTISER that may run on the website.
8. PARK AVENUE ONLINE reserves the right not to accept or the right to accept any advertisement for any reason.
9. The ADVERTISER’s subject matter and advertising material is subject to the approval of PARK AVENUE ONLINE.
10. Neither PARK AVENUE ONLINE, nor its team shall be responsible for delays in digital publishing, delivery, or distribution due to strikes, lock-outs, embargoes, labor problems, fuel or power shortages, fire, floods, accidents, civil disturbances, war, acts of God, or other causes beyond their reasonable control.
11. PARK AVENUE ONLINE reserves the right to cancel this AD Buy at any time upon ADVERTISER’S default in the payment of PARK AVENUE ONLINE invoices, or in the event of any other material breach of this AD Buy. upon such cancellation, all charges incurred by ADVERTISER shall become immediately due and payable.
12. PARK AVENUE ONLINE represents to ADVERTISER that the advertisement will be reproduced in accordance with industry standards.
13. PARK AVENUE ONLINE may assign this agreement in whole or in part to any person, firm or corporation directly or indirectly acquiring the right to publish the website offered by PARK AVENUE ONLINE.
14. PARK AVENUE ONLINE will not be bound by any terms or conditions or any notice whatsoever appearing on order blanks, copy instructions or insertion orders submitted by ADVERTISER when such terms or conditions conflict with any provisions contained in this AD Buy or PARK AVENUE ONLINE published rate sheet.
GOVERNING LAW, REMEDIES AND ARBITRATION
15. This AD Buy agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois applicable to agreement wholly to be performed theirin.
(A) in the event that commercial collection. legal proceeding or arbitration proceedings are necessary to remedy any material breach of contract, ADVERTISER agrees to pay reasonable attorney’s fees/or collection fees or 20% of the unpaid amount due in addition to any arbitration fees, court costs and disbursements incurred to collect said balance due.
(B) ADVERTISER and PARK AVENUE ONLINE agree that any disputes arising out of or concerning the interpretation performance, operation or breach of this AD Buy where the amounts in dispute are owed or in excess of $5,000.00 shall be submitted to arbitration in Illinois before and pursuant to the rules of the arbitration Association; that a judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
ADVERTISING RELEASE TERMS FOR COPYRIGHT MATERIALS
Reproduction of third parties works that are subject to copyright protection constitutes copyright infringement unless a license to reproduce such works has been obtain or another except ion to copyright infringement exists. Use of another’s trademark in a way that is likely to cause confusion, mistake or deception as to source of goods or services constitutes trademark infringement.
You have asked Park Avenue Online to make digital copies (which for purposes hereof includes publishing for the website or scanning and or printing) of the material identified within the AD placed by You.) Park Avenue Online will not digitally publish material which it knows is covered by the copyright of a third party and for which you do not have permission to print, copy or the copying of which is not fair use, nor will it knowingly copy material (such as photographs and advertisement material) to be used for trademark infringement. You must make sure that Park Avenue Online copying or digitally publishing of the material will not constitute copyright infringement or contribute to trademark infringement. Before Park Avenue Online will digitally publish or make copies of the material, you must confirm to Park Avenue Online’s terms and conditions that you have the right to have Park Avenue Online digitally publish or copy the material.
In this regard, you, the AD Buyer, declare under penalty of perjury, represent and warrant to Park Avenue Online that (a) your are at least 18 years of age, (b) your intended use of the materials will not confuse or mislead the public in any way, and (c) at least one of the following is true: (i) you own the copyright in the material; or (ii) you have been authorized as the agent of the owner of the copyright in the material to digitally publish or copy the material; or; or (iv) the digitally published or; or (v) the material is in the domain.
The undersigned acknowledges that Park Avenue Online is relying upon the foregoing in agreeing to digitally publish or copy the material. Accordingly, the AD Buyer shall indemnify, defend and hold Park Avenue Online harmless from any suit, demand, claim or liability arising from a breach of the foregoing warranty or any other basis arising from use of the digitally published or copies, including without limitation copyright infringement, trademark infringement and unfair competition.
The undersigned shall pay any judgment or reasonable settlement offer and Park Avenue Online costs and fees (including without limitation attorney’s fees) incurred in connection with any such suit, demand, claim or liability, or in collecting upon the indemnification from the undersigned. Park Avenue Online may provide a copy of the AD Buy Order to anyone claiming that Park Avenue Online digitally publishing or copying of the material infringes such person’s rights.
The Website Terms of Service were most recently updated June 13th, 2022.